Sunday, June 1, 2014

Parks Robert Scott- Birth story

I had a doctor appointment on Thursday May 29, I had been having a hard time keeping my amniotic fluid high. So I was 38 weeks and coming in two or 3 times a week having non stress tests, and ultrasounds. At one point I was at a 6, and got myself up to a 9 by resting and drinking water, well I guess I thought I was in the clear, cause I didn't keep it up and at this appointment I was back down to a 5 :(  and apparently once they catch you under a 6, they want to admit you within 24 hours, so my doctor called the hospital and told me to get there that night!

We knew the baby was coming, but was not expecting him to come 10 days early! We didn't have his crib,  or anything set up for him. We didn't have a bag packed either! So we ran home (luckily Jordan had come to this appointment) and ate a light lunch, put Sawyer down for a nap, and packed our bags! During Sawyers' nap was surreal.... we couldn't believe this was it! We took our guesses of how big he could be, and what time he would come... Jordan guessed 2:22 am and I guessed 1:47 am... 

When Sawyer woke up we took some pictures of the last time it would be just the 3 of us.... I know a sibling is such a great gift, but all pregnancy I couldn't help but feel a little guilty I was changing Sawyers life as she knew it! I felt scared that she would resent the baby, or me..... But knew in the long run it was what was best for our family!

We took Sawyer to her friends house, until my mom could come down and get here, and we made our way to the hospital.... This time was different than Sawyer. We scheduled her delivery a few days in advanced, and got there first thing in the morning. My whole family came and stayed with us all day while I labored.... but this time was so last minute, and it was just Jordan and I (which I loved). It was a lot more quiet, and stress free... probably because I knew what to expect this time around. But it was darker in the room, no one to have to put a show on for, we could just relax, and even (try) to nap!

We checked in around 5 pm... it took about 2 hours to get all checked in, and fill out paper work..
then around 7:00 they broke my water.

I don't know why, but I like to wait as long as possible before getting the epidural... maybe I'm too nervous it will slow down labor and it will take longer than needed, but around 9:30/10 I didn't want to wait anymore and got the epidural. 

Around 1:00 am I knew it was time... I told them to call the doctor cause I was having strong urges to push... I have really bad back labor and the pressure down there was so awful.. it's definitely the worst part of labor for me. By 1:25 the doctor was there and I was pushing!! I pushed for about 25 minutes and my sweet boy was out! Only 2 minutes past what I had predicted!

Parks Robert Scott 
Born 5/30/14 @ 1:49 am
 7lbs 13 oz
20 in
   


We are so happy to have you join our family little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment