Sunday, June 1, 2014

Hospital Stay

With Parks being born at 1:49 am, we didn't get much sleep that first night in the hospital. We spent that first hour cuddling skin to skin, then around 2:45, they cleaned him up, and gave him to dad, while I was recovering from the epidural. I was so ready to go get to our room and get some sleep, so I was trying to get things going to get me in that wheelchair and wheeled to our recovery room. But it took forever!!!! so we finally got to the room around 3:30, and got a tiny bit of sleep. But with nurses coming in and out all night, I was feeling very annoyed and tired... especially since Parks' was totally quiet!! 

 That next day my parents brought Sawyer by. What a special moment seeing my babies together! She was so excited!! She showed nothing but love for baby Parks, and I was so happy to see her!
 First photo as a family!
 Sawyer had to play in Parks' bed


 They stayed for a little bit, then took Sawyer back home for a nap, while we stayed and bonded with our sweet boy.



 That next night was great! They took Parks to the nursery for some care and kept him there for a few hours cause he was doing so good, so I got a really good (and much needed) stretch of sleep. That next day I was ready to go home, and couldn't wait til they discharged me. I could've stayed another night, but I just wanted to get home!
So until I was released, my parents brought Sawyer back up, and visited for a while. Again, this girl just loved her little brother.
 Then we finally got to go home! And be a family of FOUR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment